It takes a lot of courage to be honest and vulnerable, to say what we really feel, and to be who we really are instead of who we think we're supposed to be. The coolest part about it is, when we are brave enough to speak up and share our truth, it gives someone else the opportunity to share theirs, to say "me too." It reminds us all that we are not alone. It's actually kind of like a super power. When you can master the art of truth telling, you will transform your relationships, your life, and the world.
- How do you bring up difficult conversations with friends? What might stop you from having these talks?
- When you're talking with someone, what are some ways they make you feel heard and seen? How do you make others feel heard and seen?
- How does body language change or impact a conversation? What are some positive body language signs we send? How about negative ones?
- Think about a recent, meaningful conversation. Why was it so good? How did it make you feel?
- What relationships in your life would benefit the most from powerful, honest, one-on-one conversations? What's holding you back from having those talks?