By: Alexis Meads, Guest Blogger
You know the thrill of a new relationship? When everything feels perfect and exciting?
Perhaps you laugh a little longer at their jokes, you take more time getting ready for a date or you try sushi for the first time even though you think you’ll hate it.
You find yourself enchanted by this new person, hanging on their every word, thinking about them throughout the day.
But somewhere along the way, the newness and excitement starts to fade. It transitions from romance to real love and caring. That’s where the magic happens. But you may find yourself missing the thrill that you had when you were first dating.
Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to end. Try any one of these 25 tips below and I promise they’ll definitely put the spark backinto your relationship.
- Act like you did when you were first dating.
- Get dressed up for your partner, if only because it’s a Tuesday.
- Buy them a gift unexpectedly.
- Send them a card while you’re away that tells the story of your relationship (my husband actually did this!)
- Hold eye contact longer than what feels comfortable.
- Kiss a little longer and deeper than you normally would.
- Ask them to tell you about their day and really listen.
- Book a night for just the two of you in a nice hotel without going on vacation.
- Be fully engaged and present during sex.
- Learn your partners love language and speak it regularly.
- Remember to keep your relationship a priority.
- Laugh with each other until it hurts.
- Try something together you’ve never done before.
- Have an at-home picnic with your favorite meal, blanket spread on the floor and candles lit.
- Send a playful text about all the things you want to do to them later.
- Compliment one another and mean it.
- Show small displays of affection like holding hands or a quick kiss.
- Spend a full night just giving each other massages.
- Put on music while making dinner and slow dance in the kitchen.
- Give each other a deep, long hug with all the emotion you can.
- Turn off the television, put away your phones and just talk.
- Be adventurous.
- Shake up your normal routine.
- Tell them how much you love them.
Find one of Alexis' tips intriguing? Take it on a test run and tell us about it here!
Alexis Meads received her M.A. at Harvard University. She is a Certified Wellness Coach and Self-Love Expert. She helps women to fall madly in love, feel sexy and confident every day and create a life full of adventure. For more articles, visit www.AlexisMeads.com or get your FREE Digital Book from Alexis here http://alexismeads.com/gift