Rape and sexual assault are some of the most underreported crimes in America, and 80% of victims are under the age 30. IT IS NOT OKAY. WE NEED TO SPEAK UP, STAND UP, and change this NOW.
- What constitutes rape? Sexual assault?
- Are you comfortable saying no? Share different ways to say no in different situations (a boyfriend, a date, etc).
- What are some ways you can prevent yourself from being in a situation where you might be pressured into doing something you don’t want to do?
- Why do girls often feel ashamed of and responsible for rape?
- Why do so few girls report sexual assault?
- How we can create a more open culture among girls – where discussing and reporting rape is supported and accepted?
- What role do men play in preventing rape and sexual assault?
IATG Blog Post: In the Healing: My Experience with Sexual Assault