All around the world, more women live in poverty than men. Micro-finance organizations like Kiva (kiva.org) have been successful in helping women start their own businesses and get out of poverty. Interestingly, women have proven to be a better investment than men with micro-financing. Yeah, ladies!
- Why do you think women have proven to be better investments than men?
- What does this say about the potential of an entire society when they begin to support their women and help them flourish
- What other tools or strategies could help eliminate poverty?
- Why is this important to everyone, regardless of where you live? What can we do to better support our women?
- What personal experience do you have with poverty?
- How did your experience affect you?
- What can you do in your community idealing with poverty?