The most popular magazines sell us an ideal that doesn't exist. They often make us feel bad about ourselves, compare ourselves to each other, and spend money on things we think will make us "better." Ultimately, they leave us feeling like we are not enough, yet we keep buying them! Are we just crazy?
- Why are these magazines so successful?
- Which magazines do you read? Why?
- What messages do these magazines send?
- Do these magazines leave you feeling better about yourself or worse?
- What magazines, if any, support self-worth, well-being, and acceptance?