When you feel lost, uncertain, or confused about your place in the world, it’s easy to get down. Sometimes this funk is more than just “the blues.” Depression can be severe, even debilitating. It can be challenging and embarrassing to talk about feeling sad or down, but doing so can mean the difference between pain and healing.
- What is your personal experience with depression?
- What is the difference between being in a funk and having depression?
- What stigmas are attached to depression?
- If you suspect a friend or acquaintance may be considering suicide, ask them. Be ready with resources to get help. Let them know you’re only asking because you love them. What would you do if a friend responded that they are contemplating suicide?
- How can we recognize and support the people in our lives struggling with depression?
IATG Blog Post: That Girl Stefanie Kaufman