By: Alexis Meads, Guest Blogger
I’ve gotten requests from a lot of women who have said, okay, I’m working on thinking more positively, but I’d love to have more tangible ways to practice self-love right now.
I get that.
Self-love is not just a concept in our heads. Yes, I talk a lot about releasing negative thoughts and criticism towards yourself and embracing more loving thoughts. I also talk about how our thoughts create our actions and therefore our lives. But, self-love is also a very concrete, realistic thing.
The problem is that we’ve been taught for a long time that if we’re not constantly working hard or taking care of others, we’re being selfish.
What we’re not taught is that taking care of yourself is taking care of others. If you don’t work on yourself, if you don’t take time for rest and relaxation, if you don’t feed your soul; you’ll be so burnt out and depleted you won’t be any help to anyone else. Least of all yourself.
Now, the below list may seem trivial at first glance. However, I promise that if you commit to putting some of them into practice, every single day, you’ll see quantum shifts in your life.
Without further ado, here is my list of 50 Tangible Ways to Practice Self-Love.
- Buy yourself fresh flowers
- Clean your house or apartment
- Organize your workspace and files
- Take time for rest and relaxation
- Wear red lipstick and heels just because
- Eat while focusing only on your food
- Make a list of fun activities to do and post on your fridge
- Repeat the following mantra “I love and accept myself”
- Make a list of all the things you like about yourself
- Before eating dinner, say a prayer of gratitude
- Start the day with 2 minutes of meditation
- Treat yourself
- Dress yourself lovingly in a gorgeous outfit
- Put your fork down between bites
- Cut down on your caffeine intake
- Make it a priority to get 8 hours of sleep
- Read a good book
- Do something for yourself without guilt
- Set the mood while cooking – candles lit, music on
- Buy something you’ve always wanted
- Practice the art of saying “no”
- Be of service – volunteer, help a friend, etc.
- Compliment someone today
- Get your sweat on
- Shake your booty
- When your grocery shop say “I am choosing this for my body because I love her”
- Give yourself a massage with beautifully scented lotion
- Go for a hike or long walk
- Stand up straight
- Try something new: dance class, cooking lessons, yoga
- Invite your friends over for a girls night
- Call your mom and tell her you love her
- Snuggle up with your honey, or four-legged friend
- Commit to doing your hair + makeup for a week
- Allow yourself to have that piece of chocolate and savor every minute
- When someone offers you a compliment, simply say thank you
- Plan an adventure
- Shut off your email and cellphone for an hour
- Buy yourself roses on valentines day
- Complete that project or goal you started
- Stop procrastination
- Give yourself a day off
- Self-love mantra: I am enough. I have enough. I do enough.
- Let go of comparison to others
- Clean your fridge and fill it with fresh foods
- Use soothing essential oils like lavender and lemon
- Write a love letter to your ex and burn it
- Host a dinner party
- Hire a coach or counselor
Got something to add to the list? Let us know here!
Alexis Meads received her M.A. at Harvard University. She is a Certified Wellness Coach and Self-Love Expert. She helps women to fall madly in love, feel sexy and confident every day and create a life full of adventure. For more articles, visit www.AlexisMeads.com or get your FREE Digital Book from Alexis here http://alexismeads.com/gift